Glotzer, Sharon | Faculty
Department Chair of Chemical Engineering, Professor of Chemical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, Macromolecular Science and Engineering, and Physics
Ph.D., Physics, Boston University, 1993
B.S., Physics, University of California, Los Angeles, 1987
Computational nanoscience, soft matter and complex fluids; self-assembly and materials design.
Honors and Awards
- National Academy of Engineering, elected Member 2019
- 2019 Alexander M. Cruickshank Lecturer, Gordon Research Conference on the Physics and Chemistry of Liquids
- 2019 Anneesur Rahman Prize for Computational Physics, American Physical Society
- 2018 Nanoscale Science and Engineering Forum Award, American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- Materials Research Society, elected Fellow, 2017.
- 2016 Alpha Chi Sigma Award for Chemical Engineering Research. American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers, elected Fellow, 2016
- Royal Society of Chemistry, Fellow, 2016
- John W. Cahn Distinguished University Professorship, University of Michigan, 2015
- 2014 MRS Medal, Co-recipient with Nicholas Kotov, Materials Research Society. Citation: “For foundational work elucidating processes of nanoparticle self-assembly.”
- National Academy of Sciences, elected Member 2014
- American Association for the Advancement of Science, elected Fellow, 2013
- Simons Investigator, named July 2012 to inaugural class. Funded 2012 – 2022
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences, elected Member 2011
- Stuart W. Churchill Collegiate Professorship, College of Engineering, University of Michigan, 2009
- National Security Science and Engineering Faculty Fellow, Department of Defense, 2009-2014
- Charles M.A. Stine Award, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Materials Engineering & Sciences Division, 2008
- American Physical Society, elected Fellow 2006
- Monroe-Brown Foundation Research Excellence Award, University of Michigan College of Engineering, 2006
- Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies 2006-2007 Faculty Recognition Award, University of Michigan
- W.F. James Chair of Pure and Applied Sciences, St. Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia, Canada, 2004-2006
- Departmental Award for Outstanding Accomplishment, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2004
- American Physical Society Maria Goeppert-Mayer Award, 2000
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), 1998